Like this property?
Call now +39 340 0624970 (english language), +39 333 2529230 (italian language) or REQUEST DETAILS for this property!
Large stone house, habitable with outdoor space for sale in the Abruzzo region, precisely in Fraine just 40 minutes from the Adriatic coast.
The property has four floors for a total of approximately 120 sq m.
In the BASEMENT there is a spacious stone cellar, which can only be accessed from the outside, and a small garden.
On the SECOND BASEMENT there is a room (4.79 m x 3.65 m = 17.48 sq m) with fireplace and old wood-burning oven and a double bedroom (4.62 m x 4.69 m = 21.66 sq m) with antique floor and door/window which led to the terrace, now no longer present, but can be built. This floor is connected by a full staircase with the rest of the house.
On the GROUND FLOOR there is a corridor (5.47 m x 1.39 m = 7.60 sq m), a habitable kitchen (3.75 m x 3.46 m = 12.97 sq m) with fireplace (the date 1925 is engraved on the fireplace) and a bright room (4.58 m x 4.68 m = 21.43 sq m) with two small balconies.
On the FIRST FLOOR we find a spacious double bedroom (4.60 m x 4.74 m = 21.80 sq m) with two windows and an antique hexagon-shaped floor with three different colors, a bathroom (2.37 m x 1.56 m = 3.69 sq m) with shower and a double bedroom (3.85 m x 3.66 m = 14.09 sq m) with window and antique brown floor.
The STRUCTURE and the ROOF of the house are in good condition and the water and electricity SERVICES need to be reconnected.
The village of FRAINE rises on a hill, between the Treste River and the Lama Stream. The structure of the fortified village preserves the ancient medieval set up, with the parish Church of San Silvestro that stands out as the dominating building, around which the village develops in concentric rings. The village was feud of the Caracciolo di San Buono Princes. On the boundary stone close to the Shrine of Santa Maria Mater Domini is still engraved the "PSB" inscription, acronym of "Princes of San Buono" which proves that the monastery came to be part of the Caracciolo Family possessions in the 16th Century. The Church of Mater Domini, approximately 2 km far from the centre of Fraine, represents today the Marian faith core and it is a pilgrimage destination. Founded in 1056 on a older church site, it guards in its interior the graceful wooden statue of the Virgin and Child of the 14th Century. The monastery is plunged into the quiet of ancient oak tree wood, the Vicenne Wood, a charming natural environment to be explored through its beaten tracks or trekking routes. The village economy is based mainly on agriculture and its production of extra virgin olive oil is impressive.Show More