Like this property?
Call now +39 340 0624970 (english language), +39 333 2529230 (italian language) or REQUEST DETAILS for this property!
Partially restored stone house of about 70 sq m in total for sale in Castropignano, a small town in the Molise region where time seems to stand still, set on a rocky ridge overlooking the valley of the Biferno river.
The house has been partially renovated but needs renovation work on the first floor and bathroom to be completed.
On the ground floor kitchen/living room with small bathroom (just toilet), upstairs two rooms with mezzanine and second external access; this floor is to be completely restored.
The ROOF is in fair condition.
Panoramic view of the valley.
The water and electricity SERVICES are to be reconnected during the renovation works.
CASTROPIGNANO is a town located on a hill at 590 m a.s.l. with about 863 inhabitants, of which name means a town with a castle (Castro: castle, fortified place). The castle of Evoli was initially built during the Lombard domination and in the 11th century it was fortified and transformed by the Normans. From 1345 until the end of the 19th century, the d'Evoli family took possession of the entire territory of Castropignano including the castle and kept it until the end of the 19th century, i.e. until the end of feudalism. Legend told that the castle had 365 rooms, one for each day of the year. Today, due to war damage, unfortunately it is not possible to affirm this legend, but the castle can be visited and, after long maintenance and consolidation works, the manor is visited by tourists from all over Italy. The legend of the jus primae noctis is also linked to the castle: the young Fata, of popular extraction, as soon as she got married did not dare to spend the wedding night with the duke, preferring to commit suicide by jumping into the rocky ravine which is still known today as the "canton of the Fairy (Fata)". The town is also known for its historic centre, which has the characteristics of a medieval village: through a maze of narrow streets that climb up towards the top of the hill, it is possible to come across the bell tower, the remains of the clock tower and the ancient baronial building. Furthermore, the Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie, considered one of the most beautiful in Molise, is located outside the medieval village and was built in 1560. Although the village seems to have stopped in history, it has a bar, pharmacy, butcher, little supermarket, post office, pizza restaurant, primary and secondary schools, hotel.Show More