Like this property?
Call now +39 340 0624970 (english language), +39 333 2529230 (italian language) or REQUEST DETAILS for this property!
Portion of historic stone building in good condition for sale in Belmonte del Sannio, in the heart of Molise.
The property is spread over three floors plus cellars for a total of about 300 square meters of surface.
On the GROUND FLOOR we find the entrance that opens onto a sitting room with small closet, living room with fireplace, kitchen with access to the woodshed and panoramic terrace that offers a view of the hills and mountains and the town.
On the FIRST FLOOR there is a bedroom, a bathroom, a living room and two other double bedrooms, a sitting room, a bathroom with a bathtub, a small bedroom that can be used as a study.
Access to a high and spacious attic which can be used as other rooms if desired.
In the BASEMENT we find in addition to the woodshed, a stable and a cellar.
The building dates back to the 17th century, in good condition, it retains all the charm of the time, with local stone floors.
The SERVICES are all available, including heating with radiators.
BELMONTE DEL SANNIO is a small village surrounded by a splendid landscape and full of buildings and monuments ranging from 295 BC. to the 18th century. It is located at 864 meters above sea level, with a population of about 900 inhabitants. The village sits on a hill with forests, pastures and water sources. Distance from the Pescara airport about 1h and 15 min., from Naples airport about 1h and 45 min. and from the Rome airport about 2:30 min. The wonderful Adriatic coast is about 1h drive away. The town belonged until 1812 to the Province of Chieti. The oldest part, made up of narrow, winding medieval-looking streets, develops on the sides of the town. What to see: the Longobard Tower (1000 AD); the Palazzo dei Principi Caracciolo (1650-1806) residence of the Lemmis barons; Tomb of Ovio Paccio, Samnite leader (295 BC); the mother church dedicated to the Santissimo San Salvatore (1600 AD); the cyclopean walls on Mount Rocca l'Abbate; the noble palace of the Di Filippo family (1888 AD) with a beautiful 19th-century portal and on the façade the tombstone of the Belmontesi carbonari; Palazzo Natarelli (1930 AD) with valuable portals and other stone works; birthplace of Tommaso Lemme, surgeon and writer; ruins of the church of Santa Maria della Noce; ruins of the convent of Piana della Chiesa in the locality of the same name; church of Purgatorio now the Town Hall; the bell tower on whose facade is placed the plaque of the fallen in the war in the first and second world wars; the Fondaco dei Principi Caracciolo former warehouse located in Piazza Risorgimento; the trulli scattered in the Belmontese countryside; the wash house, the Empire forest, the Defense forest, the Rocca l'Abbate forest; the wood of the Portelle; the Sente torrent, the Carcamo torrent, the bridge over the Sente river (200 meters high). In the village two grocery stores, pharmacy, post office, restaurant, hairdresser, baker and two bars.Show More