Like this property?
Call now +39 340 0624970 (english language), +39 333 2529230 (italian language) or REQUEST DETAILS for this property!
Spacious apartment in an historic building in the center of Casalbordino, 8 km by the beach.
The apartment is located on the first floor of an ancient building dated back end 1800.
The building is composed by four apartments in total.
The apartment for sale has a size of around 120 sq m and is composed by: entrance on a spacious living room (6.55 m x 3.65 m = 23.90 sq m) with fireplace, vaulted ceiling and wood floor, dining room (3.64 m x 6.67 m = 24.27 sq m) with balcony that faces the main square of the town, double bedroom (3.75 m x 4.21 m = 15.78 sq m), bathroom (2.81 m x 1.30 m = 3.65 sq m) with shower, kitchen (4.13 m x 4.30 m = 17.75 sq m) with pantry, second double bedroom (2.56 m x 4.84 m = 12.39 sq m), toilet with sink (1.48 m x 1.74 m = 2.57 sq m).
The apartment is cool in summer and warm in winter, for the type of construction of that period with thick walls.
UTILITIES to reconnect: water, electricity, gas and heating system with radiators.
The apartments needs some small renovation and some windows need to be replaced, but it's almost habitable and in good condition.
It's sold furnished.
In common with the other apartment (now not inhabited) there is the use of the top terrace and the underneath cellars.
CASALBORDINO's fame, apart from its great wine, today is linked to the Sanctuary of the Madonna dei Miracoli, the region most important and frequented Marian sanctuary. However, in ancient times its territory, between the Osento and Sinello Rivers, was the heart of the Frentania, where a series of cattle-tracks formed the Pre-Roman and Roman communication network of the Abruzzo region. In fact, this area was important for Rome to link Puglia through the Via Valeria and the Adriatic sheep track. The origin of Casalbordino dates back to the IX century. Due to the always increasing influence exercised by the Monastery of Santo Stefano in Rivo Maris, the entire territory of Casalbordino experienced a period of growth and great transformations. The lands were drained, mills built and several fortified settlements and castles were erected among which there was Casalbordino, governed by Roberto Bordinus, from which the city takes its name. At the beginning of the XII century, the Monastery of Santo Stefano, devastated more than once, began to decay irreversibly.The Angevin domination instilled new life into the entire area, towards the end of the 13th century. Between the 1300 and the 1400, repeated waves of plague caused the nearby centers to be abandoned, an event that did not happen in Casalbordino, thanks to its distant position from the sheep track source of the epidemics. In the late 19th century, when feudality was abolished, a dynamic phase of expansion of the ancient medieval settlement began. The landscape changed rapidly. Forests were replaced with fields of wheat and the town we know now began to take shape, with its wide areas of cultivated wheat and vineyards, its center up on a hill, an important hub of road ramifications that connect the different areas of the territory. A well thought out and the adequate agricultural use of the fertile plateau and hinterland and a quality improvement of the landscape are some of the natural gifts of this territory: many biking or horseback riding roads and paths immersed in green pastures along the riverbed of the Osento River, in the nearby woods of Don Venanzio, or along the Sinello. Going north, instead, one can coast along the beach, where dunes of sand of rare beauty and numerous species of plants exist, rare across the entire coast. The hills are rich of centenarian olive groves and precious grape cultivations, pillars of the agricultural economy and pride of Casalbordino's inhabitants. The historic downtown, with its fortified village and the Church of Santissimo Salvatore, holds numerous noble neoclassic and baroque palaces. Along the coastal route, the ancient walls of the early Christian Basilica and the medieval monastery of Santo Stefano in Rivo Maris are still visible.Show More